Anita Allen Is the Recipient of the Philip L. Quinn Prize
Anita L. Allen-Castellitto of University of Pennsylvania Carey School of Law has been selected as the 2021 recipient of the Philip L. Quinn Prize given by the American Philosophical Association (APA). The award recognizes service to philosophy and philosophers, and is the APA’s highest honor.
“This award means the world to me,” says Allen. “It reflects the unexpected success of my interdisciplinary commitments as a scholar, teacher, and mentor. It was remarkable to have been the first black woman APA president in 2018-19 and it’s a special achievement, as a black woman, to be receiving the highest award for service to the discipline.”
Allen will receive the award at a prize reception during an upcoming APA meeting. Learn more about the award here.
- ‘Policing the Womb’ by @michelebgoodwin was selected for the 2021 @Choice_Reviews Outstanding Academic Titles list.… https://t.co/WdK5NH8KuK@AmLawInstDec 30
- Anita Allen @pennlaw has been selected as the 2021 recipient of the Philip L. Quinn Prize given by the American Phi… https://t.co/5Q7cXYJlfx@AmLawInstDec 29
- José F. Anderson of @ubaltlaw has authored 'Genius for Justice' on the life and work of Charles Hamilton Houston. A… https://t.co/76ZJxkKovU@AmLawInstDec 28
- . @MasonLEC hosted the Fifteenth Annual Judicial Symposium on Civil Justice, addressing the rapid changes in civil j… https://t.co/AzfIZGacrs@AmLawInstDec 27
- As part of their “My Campus” series, @news_gazette has published a profile on Jennifer K. Robbennolt @UIllinoisLaw.… https://t.co/4NiwlRJb0G@AmLawInstDec 23