ALI Receives $1 Million Gift to Celebrate Its 100th Anniversary and Support Its Second Century
The American Law Institute has received a $1 million gift from the Andréa W. and Kenneth C. Frazier Family Foundation, in support of its Second Century Campaign. Founded in 1923, ALI will celebrate its 100th Anniversary in 2023. To mark this special occasion, the Institute has launched its Second Century Campaign, the proceeds of which will help ensure that ALI has the resources necessary to remain a cornerstone of the rule of law for a second century and beyond.
“We are so grateful to Andréa and Ken for this incredible gift in support of the ALI’s Second Century Campaign,” said ALI Director Richard L. Revesz. “It has been a privilege to have Ken serve on ALI’s Council for so many years and to get to know him personally. Ken is one of the most admirable and principled business leaders in the country. The Institute already counts itself lucky to have benefitted from the time and guidance that Ken has so generously provided to numerous ALI projects. Now, through this gift, the ALI will benefit from Ken’s generosity for years to come. This campaign, on the occasion of ALI’s 100th Anniversary, will make it possible for our successors, 100 years from now, to continue the important, independent work produced by the Institute.”
Gifts made to ALI’s Second Century Campaign will allow ALI to continue to focus on its Restatements, Principles, and Model Codes that have been identified as areas in need of clarification or reform; launch projects that examine areas of the law not yet studied by ALI that are at the forefront of legal discourse; coordinate legal rules and facilitate cooperation across borders by working with organizations in other countries to create transnational legal principles; and eliminate barriers to participation in our work, ensuring that our membership remains diverse and broad, and that there are no financial obstacles to participating in our process. (Read the full list of funding priorities.)
The American Law Institute is fortunate to have Ken Frazier as a member (since 1996) and as a Council member (since 2003). Through the years, many Institute projects have benefited from his keen insight, not only as a Council member, but also an Adviser on the recently completed Restatement of the Law, Charitable Nonprofit Organizations, as well as on the ongoing Restatement of the Law, Corporate Governance and Principles of the Law, Policing projects. As we move toward our 100th Anniversary celebration, we couldn’t be more honored that he and his wife, Andréa, have made the Institute a part of their legacy. Visit our donor profiles page to read more about Ken and Andréa.
- ‘Policing the Womb’ by @michelebgoodwin was selected for the 2021 @Choice_Reviews Outstanding Academic Titles list.… https://t.co/WdK5NH8KuK@AmLawInstDec 30
- Anita Allen @pennlaw has been selected as the 2021 recipient of the Philip L. Quinn Prize given by the American Phi… https://t.co/5Q7cXYJlfx@AmLawInstDec 29
- José F. Anderson of @ubaltlaw has authored 'Genius for Justice' on the life and work of Charles Hamilton Houston. A… https://t.co/76ZJxkKovU@AmLawInstDec 28
- . @MasonLEC hosted the Fifteenth Annual Judicial Symposium on Civil Justice, addressing the rapid changes in civil j… https://t.co/AzfIZGacrs@AmLawInstDec 27
- As part of their “My Campus” series, @news_gazette has published a profile on Jennifer K. Robbennolt @UIllinoisLaw.… https://t.co/4NiwlRJb0G@AmLawInstDec 23